Monday, April 30, 2007

Knit or Garden - the Eternal Question of Spring

Of course, with this weather on our West Coast it's not a hard question, as we haven't had much of a spring! But I am feeling the pull of the outdoors more these days, as the tulips bloom and the bridal wreath spirea is so gorgeous with its sprays of white flowered branches. The peas are finally poking up, and the spinach as well.

I finished the three cardigans, and they were packed up with the pinwheel blanket and delivered (through hubbie's work). The baby apparently still fits the arms and length of that teeny tiny one (!) although it doesn't button up on him. As it is spring I figure that is ok. Plus there are two more in slightly bigger sizes. If I am allowed a picture I will be sure to put it up.

Now I am working on my lace cardigan from Rowan and also realizing that it is time to get the Dulaan box packed up (a few more items). I have already completed 7 items, and I know there are a few hats someone has made to add to the box, but it's not quite full yet. Some neckwarmers should be a fast knit. I was shocked last year to see it took 30 days to get to Arizona, so this year I will ship earlier.

As the weather after our three days of sun is supposed to turn back to clouds, cool and rain, I guess I'll get some knitting done this week! And I will make my first attempt at pictures this week as well ... I think.
-kate

No comments: