Monday, April 16, 2007

What's Next for our Heroine?

This is just a list of what I'm planning to start soon, if I don't hang myself first, using yarn unravelled from Ogee...

1- I am in between socks at the moment - more or less waiting for my Sockapalooza 4 pal to be assigned to I can start on their pair.

2- There is a baby in the offing from one of Mr. HSB's only friends - Wendy and her fiance have just discovered they are expecting, so I've got some time. I'm considering another Sirdar design, using the lovely but squeaky Snuggly DK. I saw a very pretty (and gender neutral) seafoam colour at Capital Iron last time I was in Victoria. I'll pick it up next time I'm there...gotta love the discount: I think it was about $4.50 a ball.

3- I will also be starting another 'belly drape' soon for my bellydancing costume. I could use another one - it's a simple stockinette triangle with a border of garter, knit with ribbon yarn. Then I attach coins all down the long edges, and it tucks up inside my choli for dancing...covers the stretch marks. I'm procrastinating starting this one because I don't like working with the abominable ribbon yarn.

4- I am getting edgy about my planned Clapotis. I started wondering whether it would be too soft to work with the dropped stitches, and then I got a comment to that effect from another blogger. I think I may reconsider Clap...I will start swatching for a Malabrigo wrap just as soon as I finish the damned Ogee Tunic. That should help me stay motivated. I have wound one skein into a dreamy little turban of a centre-pull-ball, and it sits on my coffee table in mute encouragement.

5- As soon as the Ogee is finished, I will also start a tank I'm planning from Elsebeth Lavold's Viking Knits Collection 1. I have the yarn already, of course (stash knitting only right now) and the pattern is a nice simple, stockinette tank with a reverse stockinette panel at centre front, containing a St John's Cross. Should be nice in my pink Silky Wool.

So overall I've got a lot to do this spring. First I just have to finish the stupid tunic...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait ... Capital Iron has yarn?! I knew they had fabric upstairs but didn't know they had yarn!

Shan said...

It's a small section but the deals are great. They've got a bit of everything - Galway, some beautifully dyed European yarns, Sirdar...good stuff. It's up in the back corner of the fabric section, right by the back stairs.