Thursday, April 19, 2007

Warning: Sappy Content Ahead (or Why I Love Knit Night)

I don't mean to get sappy here, but I do love Knit Night. And here's why....

When we started getting together over a year ago I was thrilled. I thought "great, people who like to knit and will want to talk about projects, yarn, etc." And I got that from this group and it is wonderful. But that isn't why I love it so much. What I wasn't expecting but got anyhow, was some great friends. I have never laughed as much as we do some knit nights. We share a common sense of humour which is delightful. More than that we have had many intense, truthful and thought-provoking discussions on many topics. From parenting, to schooling, to religion, to our city's development direction (or lack thereof); we all have opinions and all feel welcome to present them. Even on our knitting!

I wish for all those solitary knitters out there that not only can they find a group to knit with, but that they find a group that clicks (more than just the needles). That's what I found. And it rocks.

2 comments:

KB said...

Not sappy at all!! One of the most positive things that has happened since moving to this small island costal city is this tremedous group of like minded great people! I look forward to our knitting nites and consider all of my kntting buddies to be special friends!!
I'm off to clean a cottage - catch you soon,
Karen

Shan said...

**Tearing up a little here**

What a nice end to an utterly crappy day! I couldn't agree more. We have such a great dynamic in our group.