Monday, May 21, 2007

It Rained and Then the Sun Came Out

What a fabulous long week-end! It did rain Saturday and both Friday and Saturday night, but Sunday and Monday were sunny. And we don't mind the weather, it all adds something to the experience. We really love Ralph River ... let me show you why.







The lake (Buttle Lake) was really low, although not quite as low as last year at this time. I love these old stumps -- it all looks so prehistoric.




There was a fish caught! The pontoon boat didn't get into action as it was a long hike to the water, but they did manage to catch a fish today.




Walking along the lake past Ralph River. This is where we like to swim in the summer, although the water then is much higher!

And what's this?


What, you thought I might forget the sweater? Note how well the neckline turned out, I simply picked up in the round, purled one row and then cast off in knit (to get a two row garter edge). I love it.



In the salal of the campsite, we find the sweater at home. Warm, cozy and oh so stylish (ha ha). Fits just as I wanted it to.
to recap:


pattern is the incredible custom-fit raglan from woolworks (see link in an earlier post)


yarn is 100% unknown fibre, bought at Z*llers for $4.99 for 454 grams. Didn't use the whole bag, so cost was about $4.25.


time to knit, about three weeks I think, once I started to knit it seriously (cast on a while ago). I'll have to start taking better notes on these things.


Happy Victoria Day!!

2 comments:

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Beautiful scenery and it certainly looks better with that lovely blue sweater.
Thanks for visiting and commenting on the sometimes negative comments that 'craft' people receive. I think you are right about our times. We just all need to be a little more kind to each other!

Shan said...

Wow, Wow, WOW!

That turned out FREAKIN fantastic. I love it.

Glad you had such a nice time at the lake - I haven't been there in years.

Missing you guys - I'm looking forward to getting together when I get back.

S