Friday, August 31, 2007

Oh What a Tangled Web....

Trying to unwind? .... Don't spend a morning unwinding a tangled skein is all I can say! One of four skeins our group was gifted at Fun Knits -- now I see why they were gifted! Shan says hers took four hours, but we all know Shan is another kind of gifted, right? The fact that she persevered with it and did it in one day makes me feel faint.



Here it is the first day I took it out...


Then I put it away for about five weeks. Today was the day, after being reminded by Shannon's lovely, centre-pull all wound up ball of yarn at knit night, to pull it out and start again. I'm not finished at all, but here are a couple of action shots.

Note how fast my hands are going! My skein is twisted, with two long strands seemingly unrelated to the rest of the twist. I've given up trying to find any rhythm, I'm just winding as it goes. Will it be finished today? Don't hold your breath.

3 comments:

Shan said...

Spare my blushes, you're just trying to embarrass me, now.

LOOK AT THAT YARN. what a mess.

Olga said...

My cat got into my knitting bag and my yarn looked looked like that!!! Cool knitting spot and cool sweater you finished there!!!

Yarnhog said...

Oh, my. My puppy got ahold of an entire bag of Rowan Polar I had special ordered once. It looked a lot like that, only spread over three rooms. I feel your pain.