Monday, July 16, 2007

What to do, what to do?

Oh crap oh crap, I am about to run out of yarn again. Any volunteers for one of the following?

a) helping me bash myself over the head with a mallet and end my suffering

b) knitting the second sock for me so I can sit in a corner weeping softly and eating my own hair

c) ripping back the sock to the cuff, taking out half a repeat, and THEN knitting the second sock for me, maybe while I go lie down in the street in the hopes that some kind Samaritan will run me over in their car so I don't have to obsess about socks anymore, which would also provide a handy excuse to my intended recipient about why she's not getting any socks from me this summer. Because I would be dead.

Girls, seriously. Help me out here. Anyone?


Anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cosmic joke is just not funny anymore. Ummm .... send her one of each and call it an ecelectic pair?!
Come sit by the lake - it won't get the sock knit but it will help.

Shan said...

Totally not funny. And to make matters worse, there has been a bit of pressure lately from the organizer to finish early, and it's making me feel harassed.

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

I feel your pain. I am running very short of yarn for my Pi Shawl, but the LYS owner in Cumberland is going to call one of the gals she sold some of the yarn to and see if she has a wee bit left over. Hope it works out for you - and me too!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I thought that the ebb tide had come...( IE: the stars with their horrible effect on communication( and might I add, just about everything else!)) - but NO, the stars are still obviously out of whack!
So what to do... #1 do some meditation - in the scope of the whole world this one pair of socks should not create a tsunami of negative energy if not completed in a speedy way.You have time on your side....(despite what the sock matron may say)
#2 - Make a decision that today - is a frog day - IE: perhaps rip both to the point of reconstruct - and then PUT THEM AWAY! ( for a day or two)
#3 - begin again as tho, nothing ever happened(!) and these will undoubtedly be the most beautiful sox in the world!
Honestly Shan - you do beautiful sox - I'm not sure that any of us could do justice to them - OK - so go have a cuppa tea and meditate!!
Karen