Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fishing Mitts

Well, I haven't got the sweater done yet but I did manage to knit some fingerless mitts for fall fishing. Because Mr. Kate likes lake fishing he spends a fair bit of time rowing as well as hanging on to the fly rod, and his hands are getting pretty cold at this time of year. So I found some wool in my stash and knit him a pair of fingerless mitts. I started and finished them in 4 hours!

Details: Fingerless Fishing Mitts
Yarn: Unknown Wool, two strands (one worsted, one sock weight)
Needles: 6.5mm double points
Pattern: My own. I'm happy to write it up if anyone is interested.


Yarnhog said...

Great mitts! I'll bet that's one knitted gift that gets used.

cheryl tatham said...

Please post the pattern...I have two fishing nuts that I feel would love these mitts....