Sunday, September 16, 2007

All Knitting, All the Time

OK Girls, it's time to get serious about the holiday knitting. To that end, I'm admitting here and now the projects I have decided on for my holiday gifting.

1. Wrap, designed by me, for Mum. This is in the works.
2. Socks for Mum
3. Cardigan for Dad
4. Cardigan for Sister-in-law
5. Head Wrap for Sister-in-law is done
6. Socks for friend
7. Dishclothes for family and friends. I probably need about 10 more.
8. Scarf for Father-in-law
9. Mitts for Step Mom

That's it, I think. Hmm. Only two really big ones, plus the scarf always takes longer than you anticipate. Only two pairs of socks, and I think I'll keep them fairly simple (one of them is a women's size 10).

Come on my knit friends. Let's see those lists!

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

A few days ago, I was frantically swatching and listing and trying to decide what to knit for whom for which holiday, when I had an epiphany: I don't HAVE to knit presents. I haven't promised anything to anyone, and most people don't really get the whole knitting thing anyway. So I cast on two sweaters for myself and promised to be surprised when they're done and to ooh and ahh over the clever cables, gorgeous colorways, and wonderful textures. Everyone else is getting gift cards to Starbucks. This could be the best holiday season ever!

Anonymous said...

Now that is very very clever!
I, however, let my sister-in-law look through my knitting mags. And my mother expects socks. And I love knitting my Dad sweaters, because he's little and he loves them.
But after this year, the list may look like yours next year!!

Olga said...

Heeey now! Go easy on mocking size ten feet, some of us have very fragile feelings about big feet, hummmgh, namely, me.
My holiday knitting consists of deciding to knit gifts for everyone a week before Christmas and then relizing how stupid is that idea and then doing nothing.heh, I betcha lots of knitters have tha game plan.

gail said...

Your plans are ambitious!! I've very, very impressed. What fun, though.

gail said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, and the compliment on the little pink sweater and the short cotton/wool socks. I find that a pattern like feather and fan or a chevron pattern helps the wool/cotton keep it's shape better. And the fit is great!