Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Pictures!

I think I might have figured this out....





So here are two of my current favourite knitting projects. Shaker, from Rowan (designed by Kim Hargreaves), being knit in Elle Cotton Fields 4 ply, 50% cotton/50% Dralon. My mum picked up this yarn on a trip to South Africa, to knit a cotton sweater for my son. There was a lot left over. It is a true red, not orange/red like the picture. A departure from my usual shades of green, but I figure with the lace it won't be too much for me!





The next project is a sock using Wendy's generic toe-up Feather and Fan pattern. This is my first toe-up sock, which makes it special. And yes, sock number 2 is on the needles!
The yarn is Super Socks, 75%superwash wool and 25%Polyamide. A little crunchier than Kroy to knit up but I think with washing that will go away. This pattern thrilled me, and caused me to show everyone I could to look at the cool toe (!!) I just made. No, really, LOOK!




Finally we have beautiful Parrot Tulips. A new addition planted last fall, and a good reminder that even with our bleah weather, spring is here!

-Kate

2 comments:

Shan said...

Wow those parrot tulips are kind of sexual looking.

And HEY! Nice red lace! It'll look cute on Boy-o.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Kate - new red lace - fabulous sox and very sexy tulips - you're all over it!!